15 Stats that Prove Reviews Are Your Bread & Butter
We can’t say it enough: Reviews drive people’s purchasing decisions these days. You only need to look at your buying habits to know it’s true. When was the last time you bought anything without looking at reviews? Or visited a restaurant before seeing how they stack up?
We’re all seeing stars, which means your customers are too. Still not convinced that reviews pack all that punch? Here are a few of our favorite stats that say otherwise.
- 97% of consumers report that the customer reviews they read influence their purchasing decisions.
- Nearly nine out of ten consumers read reviews before making a purchase.
- 94% of consumers report that positive reviews make them more likely to use a business.
- Customer reviews can increase conversions by 270%.
- Customers are willing to spend 31% more at a business with excellent reviews.
- 94% of consumers say an online review has convinced them to avoid a business.
- 79% of consumers say they trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations from friends or family.
- 92% of consumers are less likely to frequent a business after reading negative reviews.
- Consumers read an average of 7 reviews before trusting a business.
- Every 1-star increase in a Yelp rating leads to a 5–9% increase in revenue.
- Only 48% of consumers would consider using a business with fewer than four stars.
- 73% of consumers only pay attention to reviews written in the last month.
- Businesses that claim their profiles on at least four online review sites gain 58% more revenue.
- Businesses with a star rating between 3.5 and 4.5 gain the most revenue.
- Displaying reviews on your website can increase a company’s conversion rates by 270%.
If you’re a current client without taking advantage of our review collection solution, you’re not making the most of your subscription with us! Call 208-749-9364 or message us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Just say the word, and we’ll set up an automatic review collection for free.
Interested in joining the thousands of small business owners growing their businesses online with Canyon Crest Creative? Email email@example.com to get started.